Monday, November 12, 2007

Gary Anderson thanks supporters

Gary Anderson sent out this note about his unsuccessful run for insurance commissioner:

Dear Friend,


There is a saying, “The bravest sight in the world is to see a great man struggling against adversity.”

This makes me think about the great men and women and families who have been struggling with adversity of insurance issues…after the hurricane or after storms.

Those great Mississippians are what this campaign has been about…and why I ran.

The escalating cost of insurance was our primary focus because Mississippians pay some of the highest rates in the nation. We sought the opportunity to lower the cost and make insurance more affordable. We advocated for Mississippians.

In this campaign, we have focused on stopping fraud because it increases insurance rates.

In this campaign, we have talked about ensuring we have insurance policies in “plain English” so people understand what they have paid for.

Some have said that this office impacts as many Mississippians as any office... and it does.

From North Mississippi to the Gulf Coast.

Big families and single parent homes.

People of all races.

While we may have many views regarding the future of the direction of our state, we share a common bond – we all want the best Mississippi to shine through .

I also cannot forget so many people who have helped me, prayed for me, encouraged me, supported me and voted for me.

Thank you so much.
Gary Anderson

No comments: