Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Franks' statement

Here is the statement put out today by unsuccessful Democratic candidate for lieutenant governor, Jamie Franks:

"I wish Auditor Bryant the best as our next Lt. Governor. He has pledged to support fully funding education every year and I take him at his word he will do so.

"My campaign ran on the issues we felt were most important to the people of our state. I will continue to champion the issues of cutting the sales tax on groceries and maximizing the state’s Medicaid match with federal dollars. I will continue to champion the issues which affect working class families, and I hope to be a voice in the future to bring attention to those issues.

I love my state and will work with all our elected officials and citizens to help move Mississippi forward."

No comments: